Pages

Ladies, if you haven't heard about environmental friendly reusable menstrual products, please read posts on Cloth pads & cups...

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wallet Project - Part 4 (Wallet completed)

Continue from Wallet Project - Part 3...

Finally I decided to use the same fabric as bias tape..  I couldn't find anything that looks matching from my stash of fabrics (not that I have many).


What I learnt from this project:

1)  Before pressing the snap button, should make a very small hole using eyelet punch.   I have also strengthened the snap area with an additional layer of fabric.

These 2 tutorials in combination give me a complete picture of attaching snap button:

(i) http://emma36handmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_22.html - this show the step of puching a small hole clearly.  For Brother sewing machine owner, you should already have a eyelet punch in the set of tools came with the sewing machine.

(ii) http://www.zilakasim.com/tutorial/tutorial-snap-button/  (found alternatives for snap tool 1 & 2, check out you maybe overjoy with good price).

2)  Baste the bias tape before sewing, though it takes a bit more time, but the result will be a lot neater.  Actually anywhere which it is hard to sew, it will make it a lot easier, rather than trial and error using the machine.

3) Cut the interfacing piece smaller than the fabric.  See http://anic-lohas.blogspot.com/2010/07/sewing-notions-2-interfacing-focusing.html

4) If one section is not sewn properly, remove the thread carefully and sew again... :)  Don't give up...  :)

Though the inside is not very well sewn, I am still quite satisfy with the wallet.. first time, can't ask for too much..  :)


Most techniques mentioned in http://anic-lohas.blogspot.com/2010/07/wallet-project-part-2-looking-for-tips.html were helpful in completing this wallet.

My next project, turning this T-Shirt into a bag for my sister-inlaw.   Not as exciting as making a wallet, but I am a big fan of recycling, so, must do.. :)



Bye now..

2 comments:

Lynn Nasir said...

i think bias tape from the same material is good and matching enuf :)

Anic said...

:) Thanks.

I have even made bias tape of other fabric but ended using this one. :) Would like to leave the flower as bright as it can be..tak sampai hati.. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails