I have a set of metal snap button tool kit and I am happily using it to attach snaps to my work.
|How to use? Links are shared after the list of suppliers|
However, I found other alternative suppliers and couldn't resist.. I have to share the available options I found so far:
0) Craft Buddy
Tool kit for snap button 633 with 2.5mm eyelet punch, RM18 per set - no snap buttons included.
1) Zila KasimA set of 3 pieces of metal plus 10 snap button sets - RM50 per set (3 sizes, not sure exactly the diameter).
25 snap buttons at RM10. This is the first snap button tool set I found and bought, though not the cheapest in the market, but I appreciate it that I found it easily and no need go searching for it...
http://hong2lee.blogspot.com/2011/04/o26-snap-buttons-tool-633-633.html (RM28 per set but take note that it does not include any snap buttons.)
(I think 831 is for snap size 15mm, 633 is for size 12mm)
This site also has all the different sizes of eyelet punch (tool to make a hole) that you may need at affordable price. A 2mm eyelet punch at RM2.5.
I have a 2-in-1 Eyelet Plier for Punch & Eyelet and I tried to punch a hole in fabric using it and it didn't get through, so I bought an eyelet punch of 4mm from this site. I am a bit regret with this eyelet plier as I really prefer hammering rather than pressing using my hand! My hands don't have so much strenght.
3) Kawaii Station - sold out (updated 15 May 2011)It has several attractive options. If I haven't bought anything, I may have gone for this complete tool set:
http://kawaiistations.blogspot.com/2010/07/snap-button-tool-complete-set.html (this include 2 sizes of snap tools, eyelet as well and some other stuff that I haven't worked out what it is for.)
Of course you could also go for just one size snap tool:
http://kawaiistations.blogspot.com/2010/07/snap-button-tool-set-633.html (RM28 per set, again doesn't come with snap buttons)
These tools don't look like the same material as in No 1) & No 2).
4) My handmade station - sold out (updated 15 May 2011)This site provides snap button and the cover has some design (not the smooth type). Snap button tool with 5 snap buttons and postage included at RM28. Check it out at : http://myhandmadestation.blogspot.com/2010/05/snap-button-sets-tools-buttons.html
It also has tool for prong snap button though all sold out now:
5) Sewing Life
2 pieces 13 mm snap tool at RM7, check it out (sold out):
13 mm snap button: http://sewinglife-shop.blogspot.com/2011/04/13mm_30.html
Ok.. for those who don't know how to use snap tool, please see here:
1) http://www.zilakasim.com/tutorial/tutorial-snap-button/ (Remember to make a hole first, before attaching the snap. A reminder as this tutorial does not show this step)
2) http://emma36handmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_22.html (In mandarin, but a picture says a thousand words.. :) )
A big thank you to the link owners for sharing the knowledge....
I have listed the prices for your convenience; please do not scold the suppliers with higher prices as the quality of the goods and their cost maybe different.
Bye now and I wish you a happy day today...