Thursday, August 12, 2010
Have you heard about Triphala? It is a few Ringgit for a small bottle but it is very good for cleansing the body, so I thought I should share this with you, in case you haven't heard. It is used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.. Don’t worry about the Ayurvedic medicine, just use Triphala as it is cheap but very beneficial. You should be able to find it in some traditional Indian stores. It is easily available from "Modern Store" in Jalan Brickfield, next to CIMB bank.
I normally buy the powder form as it is a lot cheaper compared to the tablets form.
It is made from:
1) Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
2) Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
3) Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
What is the benefit of Triphala? In my own words:
1) Help you go to toilet.. :) but it is not so bad that you have to run to toilet.. So your toilet habit will be regular.
2) If you have congested colon, of course this will be useful.
3) If you have lots of fried food, this cool down your body.
4) It helps remove toxin from your body.
To describe the benefit more professionally, here are words I borrowed from Wikipedia:
In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, Triphala is used for:
* immune system stimulation
* improvement of digestion
* relief of constipation
* gastrointestinal tract cleansing
* relief of gas
* treatment of diabetes
* treatment of eye disease
For more reading, please see:
Hope this help...