I made my first frame purse.. hooray.. ! :) A mini one. The purse frame is 6.5 cm. The cover fabric is a gift I received from a craft seller. :) Why did I choose this frame? Because it was the cheapest I could find. I want to try out making a frame purse but I don’t want to spend a lot of money. :)
I found below patterns available for download. These are patterns for different sizes of frame. Very convenient. :)
1) 2 pieces of cover fabrics like the one I have made.
2) 4 pieces of cover fabrics:
The patterns are in PDF and print them in scale of 97%. For scaling, look for something like “reduce/enlarge to” in the printer setting.
The above links are provided by the tutorials below:
1) 4 pieces of cover fabrics:http://www.sewlover.com/bags/tutorial/curve_frame_purse.html
This tutorial provides the instruction on how to attach the frame.
2) 2 pieces of cover fabrics, simplest to make:http://www.sewlover.com/bags/pattern/2patch_frame_pouch_pattern.html
I made mine according to this but for attaching the frame, please see 1 above.
Here is one in English that shows how to attach the frame:
The last step of this tutorial is to clamp end of the frame which was not there in the sewlover tutorial.
In addition, sewlover tutorial attach the frame from the middle of the frame (which I used, and I think this will ensure balance of both sides) but this one start from the side.
Here is a list of online sellers who sell purse frames:1) http://hong2lee.blogspot.com
6) Daiso, The Curve - 5cm x 2 at RM5.00 (Thanks to Sueann for sharing this.)
The frame I bought has holes. How about frames without holes? Here are nice tutorials for that:
Thanks to the crafters who have shared the above tutorials..
Bye now and have a great Sunday.