Anyway, I need a good push to sew something, I decided to join Sue's sew along.
A perfect opportunity to:
1) Try out machine applique - em.. don't have applique foot-lah...
2) Use the Steam-a-seam-2 I bought looong time ago from SS2 Craft World, quite pricey... I like Mila's way.. use interfacing and glue.. :)
3) Clear some fabric scraps..
4) Sew another bag, planning to turn the applique into a bag....
My research before I start the project:
1) How to use steam-a-seam-2
I watched the 3rd video on this page.
2) Machine Applique techniques
--- Don't have Applique foot then use what erh?
Read more about why applique foot is good: http://www.sewaquilt.com/walking-foot-vs-applique-or-darning-foot.html,
I am going to just try open toe foot or the the normal foot.. let's see how it goes.. :) I think the presser foot shown in the picture of Sew, Mama, Sew page is an open toe foot.
--- Some tips on how to stitch applique:
See point 11 of http://www.myhappycrazylife.com/how-to-applique/
--- Tips of sewing corners, circles, squares:
Though the page use a satin stitch but I think the concept applies to straight stitch...
Good tips from the same link:
"Use your fingertips to guide the fabric. Regardless of how fast or slow you sew, too much pressure on the fabric prevents it from moving easily under the needle."
Preparation of material... will report when my AA batteries are charged again...