Pages

Ladies, if you haven't heard about environmental friendly reusable menstrual products, please read posts on Cloth pads & cups...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Cloth Pad Story 4 - Huru Kits in Kenya

I stumbled upon this website today,  The Huru International.


What do they do?   They provide Huru Kits free to girls leaving in poverty in Kenya.     It was founded in 2008 and by 2nd May 2011, Huru had distributed 15,299 Huru Kits to girls.

The Huru Kit is packaged in a drawstring bag that doubles as a backpack, and includes:
        -Eight reusable sanitary napkins
        -Three pairs of underwear
        -Soap to wash the sanitary napkins
        -Waterproof bag to safely store used sanitary napkins
        -Educational insert featuring information on proper sanitary napkin usage, and HIV/AIDS prevention
        -Various other items [as suitable]




Through this they help:
        - Keep girls in school
        - Educate girls on HIV/AIDS prevention
        - Encourage local, sustainable job development
-- Read more on their facebook:

This is recent news about them distributing 374 Huru Kits in Nairobi to displaced Kenyan girls:
   http://www.huruinternational.org/girls-living-in-internally-displaced-persons-camp-receive-huru-kits/

An excerpt from the post with a very touching poem:

 “AM ON THE BALANCE BEAM – ME AS A GIRL” 
Am on the balance beam, which side do I fall? I wish to be a person of integrity but sometimes my integrity is compromised. I wish to be a person of respect but sometimes my respect is stolen by circumstances. Please save this girl, to be able to know the good side of the balance beam. Every month I have to submit to nature and experience my monthly periods, sometimes I wish one was given choice, I would never choose to be a girl, because when I menstruate I have to be absent from school, I have to use unhygienic materials and even fall on the hands of hungry monsters, who ask for sex in exchange of pads.
I really love my life, but circumstances can’t allow me to prove this. My mother says she has no budget for pads and says I should know how to organize myself since I am mature. Please help me with the kind of organization my mother talks of or you should help me organize myself as nature takes its course.
Before I quit the stage, I have a request to make, please help me to know the side of the balance beam I should be on. Life is so harsh, please come to my rescue, it’s very dark, please shed some light and save me from dishonest sympathizers ready to tear my life. Allow me to be in school throughout to achieve good marks.  Let’s all join hands and keep girls in school.

How can we help?  Donate a Kit..  or buy pads from http://amysragbag.com/, she donates 10% sales from her non-discounted items to Huru International.

The Huru kit is US25.  It can change a girl's life forever..

Here is another way of helping..   Donating pads to 150 ladies in Uganda by 1 June 2011, USD5 per pad,  organised by another organisation:

6 comments:

matthew john said...

123.hp.com/dj2622

David belton said...

123.hp.com/oj4656

Alice Walker said...

hp.123.com

Ronaldo drogba said...

A Tech Gadget lover…! Wanderlust of Nature by heart and a tech-savvy by habit... I have written and reviewed blogs on many products. As a keen neophyte, I love to discover new Products and their plus points… Get in touch… Or drop in your queries.
My blogs:
Roku.com/link
Roku.com/link create account
Roku.com/link activate account
Roku.com/link account
Roku.com/link activate
Roku.com/link activation
Roku.com/link code
Roku.com/link setup
www.Roku.com/link
Roku.com/link enter code
Roku com link
Roku com link create account
Roku com link activate account
Roku com link activate
Roku com link activation
Roku com link account
Roku com link setup
Roku com link code
Roku activation code

Home Appliance Services said...

We provide high-quality Ac service and repair solutions with affordable price. We Providing accurate and excellent service with well-trained technicians. LG AC service center in Delhi delivers all the essential services for the best care of your air conditioner.

Nyra Cuper said...

order tramadol without prescription Buy tramadol online directed by doctors, this medicine is used for moderate to severe pain.

silver singles log in silver singles login uses an algorithm that matches you with people based on your personality, location, age, and desired relationship outcomes.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails