Pages

Ladies, if you haven't heard about environmental friendly reusable menstrual products, please read posts on Cloth pads & cups...

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bag Project 13 - 3 Layer Bag

This is my Feb 2012 Alice Peng sew along homework..   Have never sewn such thick material with so many layers with my Brother NV50. At time, at very thick area, I have to help the machine by pulling the material so that it actually moved...  The maroon fabric is like Canvas (but thicker).   Not just thick canvas, but many layers, for example, sewing the body (with pocket) to the gusset (again with pocket), 12 layers of fabric + stabiliser.  I have to say, I am very pleased that N50 was up for it... though not easy but manageable. 



I like the way the handles were decorated.  Basically adding a strip of fabric to the webbing.   


2 front pockets, 2 side pockets, 2 pockets inside.


BTW, thinking to send my NV50 to LSN for service. The calendar they sent me has a coupon for home sewing machine service at RM9 for this month!   If you have the calendar, you may want to check out what promotions are available throughout the year.


Bye now and have a good weekend,
Anic

3 comments:

Mila@Rimbun said...

Wahhh nice bag, lots of accessories too. I can imagine pulling the fabric when sewing if it is 12 layers haha..

I sent my NV50 for service early of the year, the service fee was RM65, quite expensive I think, but not with LSN. Lucky that the job well done, no more headache with FMQ after service... worth it but still thinking its a bit expensive hahah

Rosh said...

really a big WOW! d fabric is cute. Keep up d good work.

Anic said...

Thanks Mila... yeah 12 layers... goodness... was happy that I made it.

Good that your NV50 is doing good after service.

I haven't tested my after service NV50. Will try to sew this weekend.

Thanks Rosh.. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails